|ICONS - Home
ANNOUNCE (1st July 2013) ICONS 2.0 Released:
- Adds support for libraries containing PNG image data.
- Adds support for directories/folders containing GIF/PNG image files.
- Enhanced viewIcons:
- Interface now uses ttk widgets.
- Adds support to display images from directories/folders containing GIF/PNG image files.
ICONS is a package intended to provide a cross platform icon/image support for GRIDPLUS,
but can also be used as a stand-alone package for Tcl/Tk programmers.
The source for the icon images can be either libraries (See below) -or- folders contaning GIF/PNG image files.
A utility for displaying the contents of the libraries -or- folders of image files (viewIcons)
is included with the package.
Libraries containing five different icon themes are currently available (See
Libraries). Each icon theme consists of two library files each containing 16x16 and 22x22 icons:-
- A "sample" library containg icons available from the creator/maintainer. Sample libraries vary
in the number and names of the icons they contain. Sample library file names have a
tkIcons-sample.theme format (For example: tkIcons-sample.kde).
- A "standard" library containing a subset of the sample library. All standard libraries
contain equivalent icons, and are therefore interchangable. Where necessary icons from another source
are used to fill in where equivalent icons are not available. Standard library file names have a
tkIcons.theme format (For example: tkIcons.kde).
Below is a simple "toolbar" application:
Using the tkIcons.kde library:
Using the tkIcons.ikons library:
Using the FamFamFam PNG icon image files:
A very big thank-you to all of the following...
|Tcl/Tk 8.3 or greater||Supports "icons" command for GIF images only.|
|Tcl/Tk 8.5.11 or greater||Supports viewIcons.|
|Tcl/Tk 8.6.0 or greater||Supports PNG images and clipboard function for GIF/PNG image files.|
ICONS Download File Contents:
|LICENSE||ICONS package license/copyright terms.|
|icons.tcl||ICONS package script.|
|pkgIndex.tcl||ICONS package index script.|
|viewIcons.tcl||Icon viewer utility script.|
|tkIcons||Default icon library (KDE style). This is a copy of "tkIcons.kde".|
|tkIcons.kde||Icon library (KDE style).|
|tkIcons-sample.kde||Icon library (KDE style, larger selection).|
To Install the ICONS Package:
- Create an empty directory in which to unzip the ICONS download file.
- Copy the ICONS download file into the new directory.
- Unzip the ICONS download file.
- Start a Tcl/Tk Console session.
- Display, and make a note of, the library directory using the Tcl info command.
- info library
- Copy the tkIcons files to the "library" directory.
- Create a sub-directory called icons2.0 under the "library" directory.
- Copy the ICONS package files (icons.tcl and pkgIndex.tcl) to the icons2.0 directory.
Copyright © 2013 Adrian Davis.